Thursday, February 21, 2013

Waiting for the spring thaw

It has been a busy couple of weeks and admittedly I've been a little bit on the lazy side.  I've been working a on a larger blog post, but now it seems dead in the water.  I wouldn't call it writer block,  because I have plenty of thoughts on what to write.  The problem is that I have a lot to say, and i just keep writing what ever thought pops into my mind.  So to counter act that I'm going to try to clear my mind of other things and maybe that will help redirect my focus.  In no particular order these are some of the things on my mind today.

Death in the Family
This past week a member of what I consider my extended family passed on.   She was a great woman and was always a beacon of happiness when she was in the room.  I know that she is in a better place and while it makes me sad to know she is taken from us, I understand that everything must happen for a reason.

NBA Trade Deadline
The deadline is today,  and I have decided that I don't want Dwight Howard to be traded, but I am still holding out for a new head coach.  After last nights win against the Celtics I have an increased hope for a playoff birth and hopefully the team will be healthy enough to make a strong run.

Badger Basketball
With only a few games left of the regular season,  the team is looking good,  and headed in the right direction.  A strong showing in the Big Ten Tournament and I think they are a lock of a 4 or 5 seed in the big dance.

The Weather
It is cold,  It always is this time of the year.  After the mild winter we had last year, it makes sense that this winter would be a little more intense.  Either way, I have a little bit of a case of cabin fever and I can't wait to be able to walk outside with out needed a coat.

Moving
In a just a couple of weeks I will be moving to a new apartment.  It is much closer to work and I look forward to saving the money on gas and also saving some time spent in the car.  I don't like moving, not that anyone does.

Bacon Picture
This is one got posted on my Facebook a couple of days ago and made me laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment